Baby Got Back (Problems)

Christmas and New Years have come and gone, and with them a *very* small lineup of handmade gifts and items for myself. For the first time in a while, Handmade Christmas was a bit sparse. Between closing on the house and trying to move from my home of 25 years, starting a new job, and … Continue reading Baby Got Back (Problems)

Sometimes, You Fail

I've had Butterick 5951 in my "Ooo! I want this!" pattern pile for a little while now. Last weekend, I finally pulled it out of the envelope, pulled some fabric out of my stash, and got to work. I cut the bodice of View A and the skirt of View C and have been sewing … Continue reading Sometimes, You Fail


While looking over a couple of the older posts I realized that I had made a promise and didn't follow through on it. At the end of the first Costume Con post I promised to write about the Simplicity Single Pattern Contest. Then I didn't. Sorry about that. I suppose I just got carried away. … Continue reading Oops!